A functioning air conditioning unit becomes essential to any comfortable home as summer temperatures soar. But what happens when your AC unit refuses to turn on? It can quickly become a frustrating experience, leaving you sweltering in the heat. At 74 Degrees, we understand the importance of a properly functioning AC system and are here to help you get your cooling back on track. Contact us now to schedule an air conditioning repair in Inglewood, CA and surrounding areas.
Common Reasons Why Your AC Unit Won't Turn on
- Thermostat Troubles: An issue with the thermostat is one of the most common culprits behind an unresponsive AC unit. Check if the thermostat is set to cool and the temperature is below the current room temperature. The thermostat display might require fresh batteries or repair if it is blank or unresponsive. Alternatively, a faulty thermostat wiring connection could be the problem, requiring professional attention.
- Power Supply Problems: A malfunctioning AC unit might result from power supply issues. Ensure the unit receives power by checking the circuit breaker and ensuring it hasn’t tripped. Also, verify that the AC unit is plugged in securely, and if the circuit breaker keeps tripping, it could indicate a more significant electrical problem, and contacting our professional technician is recommended for air conditioner repair in Inglewood, CA and surrounding areas.
- Clogged Air Filters: Dirty or clogged air filters can hinder the airflow in your AC system, potentially causing it to shut off. Blocked filters restrict the unit’s ability to cool effectively and can strain the system excessively, leading to malfunctions. Regularly check and replace air filters according to the manufacturer’s recommendations to maintain optimal performance, or schedule regular air conditioning service with us in Inglewood, CA and surrounding areas.
- Condensate Drainage Issues: An AC unit relies on a condensate drainage system to remove excess moisture from the air. If the drain line becomes clogged or blocked, it can trigger a safety feature that shuts down the unit. Inspect the drain line for any obstructions and clear them if necessary. A preventive measure to avoid future clogs is to schedule regular maintenance with our professional team at 74 Degrees.
- Capacitor Failure: The capacitor is a vital component in the AC unit’s electrical system, providing the necessary jolt to start the compressor and fan motors. If the capacitor fails, the unit won’t be able to power on. Identifying a faulty capacitor requires specialized knowledge and equipment, so it’s best to rely on a trained technician to diagnose and replace it if necessary.
Dealing with an AC unit that won’t turn on can be daunting, but with the proper knowledge and expertise, you can troubleshoot and resolve many common issues. However, if you’re unsure or uncomfortable performing any troubleshooting steps, contact the experienced team at 74 Degrees for air conditioning repair in Inglewood, CA and surrounding areas. Our technicians are highly trained and experienced in servicing all types of AC systems, so you can rest assured knowing that your cooling system is in good hands. We provide honest and reliable repair services at competitive prices, so don’t hesitate to contact us today and get your cooling back on track.